I wanted to give everyone an update following the latest coaches meeting this past Sunday.
First, I encourage ALL PARENTS and GUARDIANS to fill out the volunteer form (here: http://www.bearcreekll.com/Registration/Default.asp?org=BEARCREEKLL.COM) as we'll probably need help from each of you throughout the season. You will not be allowed to interact with the childeren on the field or dugout for any reason unless the league has your completed form.
Second, the league is asking that all teams have a team sponsor. Please help us out by asking your workplaces, local businesses, daycares, etc. if they would be willing to help out. The link to the sponsorship form can be found here http://www.bearcreekll.com/Documents.asp?org=BEARCREEKLL and under the Sponsorship folder. The league is asking that we have one before the end of this week so try your best! I'm checking with my company as well.
Finally, here's a few items all should be aware of:
- No more than three (3) practices and/or games are allowed each week. No Saturday games.
- Game schedule is being generated and should be out in 1-2 weeks. Games will start the week of September 23rd and end the second week in November
- Team jersey/hats will be orange. You will need to purchase gray pants, socks and a belt - the socks/belt should match the color of the jersey. Shorts are not acceptable for games
- CUPS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL BOYS
- Bats must have "USA" label. Please make sure that you didn't accidentally pick one up saying "USSA" instead
- Helmets can be any color and must have the NOCSAE certification to be used on gameday
For weather updates, I'll be the point of contact. Please call/text me at 713-550-2763 if you have questions/concerns about the weather prior to practices or games.
I look forward to seeing everyone at Wednesday night's practice!